Friday, January 04, 2013

Shake away that Jiggle

It's not such a big secret to those that know me personally, but I'm on a mission.

A few months ago, I admitted to myself that I had once again become a little too relaxed in self-maintenance, too overindulgent in life, great food, great drinks, great times . . but, I'm not in my twenties anymore, and having four littlens has certainly slowed my metabolism down. So it was time to do something about it. 
Unfortunately, I have bad knees, that dislocate spontaneously at random occasions - so anything high impact is not for me.

I have friends that hit the pavement at ridiculous hours of the morning, forever trying to convince me to join them (HA! I'm sorry, I still really loooove my sleep - don't think I'm EVER going to be an early workout girl) I admire them, but needed to find something that would suit me and work for me.

I went back to a place that i frequented a year before and had seen some results. Yes that is correct- I had been there before, yes I had put my membership on hold... I now knew that I had made a mistake, and instead of relaxing once I had seen results I should have stuck to it. 

How did I originally find my place of torture fitness?

After a little research, I settled on Power Plates (or Shaky Shake as my husband calls it) It promised me great workout, condensed time, great results.

Power Plate® equipment is the premium vibration device powering a new dimension in wellness solutions for all ages, lifestyles and physical abilities. It uses the principles of Acceleration Training™ to stimulate the body's natural response to vibration. These vibrations transmit waves of energy throughout the body, activating muscle contractions between 25 and 50 times per second, enhancing overall performance in sessions as short as 15 minutes a day, 3 times a week.
Acceleration Training™ on Power Plate® equipment offers a host of benefits, ranging from an immediate improvement in blood circulation, to a variety of other measurable outcomes: such as increased muscle strength and flexibility, improved range of motion, decreased cellulite, increased bone mineral density, reduced pain and soreness and faster recovery. Our three-dimensional vibration technology continues to lead the industry, and its benefits are grounded in extensive academic and independent scientific medical research.


A little bit skeptical, I signed up for a trial class, thinking that it sounded like an easy fix with little personal output (something that someone whom had been sitting on their arse for years liked the sound of) The Machines looks funky and space-agey..... But be not fooled by the description, it is 30 mins of intense workout on a vibrating pad (which makes some of the exercises extremely hard to do) I finished the class in floods of sweat, but it wasn't till  I could barely walk or lift my arms the next day (in a great.. I've done a fab workout soreness way) that I was convinced that this was something more than the 21st century answer to the vibration belt.

Back to recently (after a year break) I was back at it, and set with more determination and dedication than the previous year. I threw myself into workouts, starting at 3 sessions a week and increasing till I was going 5-7 times a week. The schedules were great, with various classes offered. From Basic, to cardio, to toning, Abs butt and thigh, Boxing and even zumba inspired (try that on a wiggle board LOL)... it was all there, which meant I could work out different areas of my body, plus cardio - - mixing it up.  My fitness levels increased, my energy, my outlook and most impressively, my shape started changing really quickly. 2 months after starting, I had lost almost 7kgs and was toned!
Then I took another break for my Brother-in-laws wedding in Bali.. and end of school (and all the stuff that entails) But i'm back at it with a vengeance  I even have my little cheer squad that come along on school holidays, which the instructors love especially when Master Z joins in (without the machine being on of course!)

So ... in summary (coz you all know I waffle a bit)
Shaky is Good! Shaky works!

Where do I go?
Croyez Studio at the top floor of HOUSE in Dempsey Hill. (which FYI is fun to walk down the steps when your legs feel like jelly after a ABT session :-)


Psssst.... don't forget to head over to my new photo blog with Billy..... Passport of Poets


Workout with a view






Above ... Master Z & L -
joining in with the boxing with hand-weights
then Master Z seen joining in the massage part of the class
(- without vibration of course)
Yes after our workout...we must ALWAYS clean our machine!





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing. I have done a few power plate classes before pregnancy. They were amazing.
    I'm in that funk now where I need to get back into exercising and realizing my body just ain't what if used to be. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go For it B - - think about my mantra for the year - - don't wait for the conditions to be perfect to start, starting makes the conditions perfect! xx T

    ReplyDelete